Dr Ashar Khan
MB BS MRCPsych. FRANZCP
Specialist Psychiatrist & Director
QLD ADHD & Neurosciences Clinic
Asst. Prof. Bond University Faculty Of Health Sciences and Medicine
Dr Ashar Khan has been in Private Practice at the Gold Coast for approximately ten years. He has ten years experience as a Senior Staff Specialist at Queensland Health Emergency Psychiatric Services. He has attained Fellowship training in Addiction Psychiatry. He has been an Accredited Royal College of Psychiatrist’s Examiner for Specialist Examinations and Registrar Training Supervisor at Gold Coast Mental Health Service.
Dr Khan has attained extensive training and expertise in ADHD, Autistic Spectrum and Learning Disorders over the last ten years. He is a member of The World ADHD Federation, CHADD (USA), CADDRA (Canada) and is affiliated with a number of world experts in ADHD.
He is passionate about proper, evidence based and comprehensive scientific early detection and diagnosis of ADHD in Children and Adults. He promotes early family involvement and self-awareness as he approaches ADHD as a diagnosis of excluding commonly co-existing problems which are often overlooked. These include Autistic Spectrum traits especially in high functioning girls and women and the often missed burden of Mental Health such as Depression and Anxiety.
Dr Khan has established QANC and GCSC as a “one-stop-shop” to allow for a holistic, shared and integrated scientific approach that is up to date with the latest world wide advances. QANC and GCSC is established on principles of Empowerment and Autonomy for Mental Health sufferers.
QANC is founded on a client tailored, multidimensional, Specialist led model clinical services incorporating Family, Carers and Partners.
As A Sub-Specialist in Neurocognitive Disorders for Children, Adolescents and Adults, Dr Khan Offers Expertise in:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ADHD
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders ASD/Asperger’s
- Specific Learning Deficits
- Dual Diagnosis: Neuro-cognitive – Developmental Disorders Co-existing with Addiction Behaviour
- Addiction Behavours
As A General Adult Psychiatrist (18 years onwards) Dr Khan Offers Expertise in:
- Mood & Bipolar Disorders
- Anxiety & Panic Disorders
- Trauma & Post Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Complex Cronic Disorders of Impulse Dyscontrol & Episodic Anger Management
- WorkCover Assessments
- ADHD, Autistic Spectrum/Asperger’s and Specific Learning Disability
- Dual Diagnosis: Mental Health with co-existing Substance Abuse
- Acute Risk Assessment for Suicidal Risk or Behaviours